Hotwire — Turbo + Stimulus + Strada
HTML Over The Wire | Hotwire
Hotwire is the latest technology stack Basecamp announced based on Rails.
It aims to provide a collection of tools for developers to build an interactive, real-time application, while you do not have to build a separate frontend application (SPA).
The benefits of using Hotwire are as follows:
- reduces the time developer set up an infrastructure for both frontend and backend applications
- reduces the integration tests to be run for testing the interfaces between frontend and backend
- supports real-time push of the application
It provides three separate libraries
- Turbo — working on Server Side to deliver HTML fragment to web browsers by websocket
- Stimulus — working on Client Side Browsers to do an interactive change without the need of server
- Strada — for mobile application processing the HTML fragments to native components. It is not official yet. Hey.com is using that on its mobile applications.
From pragmatic studio