How to setup an environment for Flutter in MacOS
This article is updated at 26th October 2019, the latest version of flutter is 1.10.7 and the version of dart is 2.6.0. You may check your current version in your Terminal by typing
Install Flutter SDK
1. Install Flutter SDK from the official website.
2. Move the unzipped folder to
$HOME directory. (Recommended)
Flutter path in your
~/.zshrc file. (Recommended)
source to reload
$ source ~/.zshrc
flutter doctor to check if something is missing
$ flutter doctor
flutter doctor with flag
--android-licenses to add licenses.
$ flutter doctor --android-licenses
2. Install Android Studio — https://developer.android.com/studio/
2. Follow Android Studio Tutorial Guide to install Andriod SDK and AVD.
3. In the welcome page of
Android Studio, select
Configure on the buttom right and further select
4. Setup the virtual machine with AVD manager.
flutter and install it
Install Visual Studio Code
2. Go to plugin section, search Flutter and click install